Roofers must have a good head for heights as they will be replacing tiles or lead sheeting on roofs that may be several stories high. Those who work well in a team and are good with figures will be well suited to this role.
On this page are listed several UK based recruitment firms that have experience pairing suitable candidates to the role of the roofer. This is sometimes referred to as Trades Recruitment, a recognised phrase in the construction industry.
A salary of £13,000 to £15,000 can be earned by roofing labourers or trainees, rising to between £16,000 and £24,000 once fully qualified. Those with a good deal of experience can earn around £31,000. Self-employed roofers set their pay rates.
Roofers job overview
Formen are responsible for a number of duties these include:
- Attending daily briefings
- Overseeing site operations
- Supervising sub-contractors and other labour workers
- Maintaining health and safety records
- Managing plant and labour returns
- Ordering and following up on site material deliveries
- Being able to delegate responsibilities
- Being able to supervise and work with teams
- Being able to work at a high standard
- Being detail-oriented and positive
- Communication and information technology
- Leadership and negotiation
- Liaising with clients and co-workers
- Planning and building maintenance
- Stress management and problem-solving
- Understanding blueprints, sketches, and drawings
Multi Trades Recruitment Ltd
Multi-Trades Recruitment are specialists in sourcing high-quality candidates in the construction industry. We can source trained and accredited people for a number of roles – including joiners, plant operators, hod carriers and site managers – whether on a permanent or temporary basis. Find out what our expertise can do for your business.
Covers: UK, Europe, Middle East and World Wide | Contract, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary | Salaries £15k – £100k+
1-3 The Courtyard, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL1 8PB
Labour Hire Ltd
Labour Hire Solutions is a specialist Construction recruitment agency with more than 15 years’ experience in the field. We offer staffing solutions at competitive rates and are suppliers of qualified Tradesmen, Labourers and Management staff for projects all over the UK. Our team is able to deal with any permanent, temporary or contract assignment and can ensure that all candidates have the required CSCS card and PPE.
Roofers – Construction
Covers: Nationwide | Contract, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary | Salaries £15k – £100k+
Palace Exchange, Church Street, Enfield, London, EN2 6BE
United Mechanical & Electrical Solutions Ltd
United Mechanical & Electrical Solutions specialises in supplying temporary labour to the construction and engineering sector nationwide. We have a large database of Electricians, Plumbers, Pipefitters, mates and related trades from semi skilled to project management level.
Roofers – Construction
Covers: UK wide | Contract, Permanent, Temporary | Salaries £15k – £100k+
2 Kirby Lane, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 0BY